This is just a reminder that on Tuesday 11th November we are holding our first Open Day of the year. The school will be open for parents, grandparents and others who have an interest to come into school whilst we are working, to observe and perhaps join in with some lessons. The idea behind this is for you to be able to see at first-hand what your children experience in a fairly typical school day. Obviously, with the school open to parents, the day will be far from normal but teachers are going to do their best to stick to the usual timetable and routines.
With the school being potentially very busy it is important to have some ground rules to ensure everybody’s well-being and that the day runs smoothly:
- Parents are welcome from 8.55am to 12.00 noon and 1.30 to 3.15pm (lunchtime and the end of the day can be very busy at the best of times).
- Remember that if everyone comes at 8.55 or last thing in the afternoon the classes will be very busy.
- Please be sensitive about the number of parents in class at any one time, if more than 4 or 5 are in class at once this may affect the smooth running of the lesson. In this situation it may be an idea to wait or to visit another classroom.
- Please feel free to visit the whole school, not just your child’s present class.
- If children are getting changed for P.E. please leave the classroom and meet the class in the hall or the yard.
- Remember that the day is for you to find out how the school runs on a typical day, teachers have been told not to stop teaching when you walk in; there will not be time to talk about individual children.
During each session some Year 6 children will be on hand to guide visitors around the school and talk about the activities going on.
I am sure that you will see an awful lot of fantastic work going on when you visit, this is a great school where everyone works really hard – all the children and all the staff, and we are all very proud of what we do.
There will be a visitors’ book near the entrance to school for you to let us know how you think the day has gone and what you think about what you have seen.
Please come along, join in and find out about a typical day at Hollins Grundy.