Special Educational Needs and Disability
Our SENCO is Mr Paul McCrudden.
He can be contacted via the school office on 0161 796 0476.
Our aims for children with SEND are to:
- Identify all children who need special consideration to support their physical, social, emotional or academic development.
- Ensure that these children are given appropriate support to allow every child full access to the National Curriculum in a positive and fulfilling way.
- Ensure that children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school.
- Involve parents developing a partnership with school, enabling them to participate and to have full confidence in the strategy adopted by the school.
- To provide a broad, balanced and suitably differentiated curriculum relevant to all individual needs.
- To show an understanding that supporting difficulties in learning and / or behaviour as part of a high quality Â education provision.
- To be aware that any pupil at some time in their education may have special educational needs.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independent learning at all age levels.
- To be aware that every child is entitled to a sense of achievement.
- To identify pupils as soon as possible who will need extra resources and / or teaching help within their school career.
- To work in partnership with childrenâ€™s parents and other external professional agencies to provide for their individual needs.
Please see our SEN Information Report and Accessibility Plan below.