Special Educational Needs and Disability
Our aims for children with SEND are to:
- Identify all children who need special consideration to support their physical, social, emotional or academic development.
- Ensure that these children are given appropriate support to allow every child full access to the National Curriculum in a positive and fulfilling way.
- Ensure that children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school.
- Involve parents developing a partnership with school, enabling them to participate and to have full confidence in the strategy adopted by the school.
- To provide a broad, balanced and suitably differentiated curriculum relevant to all individual needs.
- To show an understanding that supporting difficulties in learning and / or behaviour as part of a high quality Â education provision.
- To be aware that any pupil at some time in their education may have special educational needs.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independent learning at all age levels.
- To be aware that every child is entitled to a sense of achievement.
- To identify pupils as soon as possible who will need extra resources and / or teaching help within their school career.
- To work in partnership with childrenâ€™s parents and other external professional agencies to provide for their individual needs.