From September 2018 £2.30 per day or £11.50 per week.
A two course school meal is offered daily. All food in schools must meet nutritional standards so that children have healthy, balanced diets.
On offer each day there is:
- A minimum of two choices of main course with vegetables or salad, plus potatoes or an alternative carbohydrate such as pasta (in many schools there is also a third choice option of jacket potato with a variety of fillings);
- Two choices of dessert or fresh fruit,
- Extra bread;
- A vegetarian choice;
- A drink which could be fruit juice, milk or water.
There cannot be:
- Fizzy drinks, crisps, chocolate or sweets in school meals and vending machines
- More than 2 portions of deep-fried food a week
- If your child requires a special diet, our cook will be happy to discuss their needs with you.
Please note: Halal meat certified and approved by the Halal Meat Authority is available in most schools where there is a requirement.
Are you entitled to free school meals?
If you are in receipt of certain benefits and have a household income that doesn’t exceed the current government threshold, you could be entitled to free school meals for your child. For further information or to register, please contact:
Customer Support & Collections,
7 Whittaker Street,
Tel 253 5858
To help make it as easy as possible for you to pay for school meals we have introduced an e-payments system which allows you to pay for school meals over the Internet. If you prefer to continue to pay by cash or cheque, these options are still available.